For most people, the process of purchasing a home is a lengthy one. Sure, there are instances of people buying a house without checking it out or getting much help from professionals, but those cases are few and far between. A real estate appraiser in Napa County, CA is a professional who can accurately determine what you should be paying for the home. An appraiser is the only professional who will take into account the full potential value of a home and its land to give you the total value of what you’re about to buy. An appraiser will look at the following factors to determine a fair price:
- The home’s curb appeal: Appearance isn’t everything, but it certainly counts for a lot. Potential buyers want to be sure that they’re purchasing a home that’ll be great to live in, and also be great to look at. An appraiser judges the outward appearance of the physical home (i.e. how the paint looks, condition of the roof, etc.) and how well the grounds are maintained (i.e. lawn condition, overall appearance of the landscaping).
- The home’s structural integrity: Any homeowner will tell you that a house requires constant upkeep. But the last thing a buyer wants is to start that upkeep on day one of ownership. Amongst other things, a real estate appraiser in Napa County, CA will tell you if the home has a bad foundation, leaky roof, bad plumbing or failing electrical work.
- The home’s interior: If quality construction is a key facet to a home, so is the interior décor, appliances and fixtures. The more things a buyer has to fix upon purchasing (i.e. fixing or replacing appliances, repainting the walls, replacing the flooring), the lower the value of the home.
- The property’s location: Some may say “location, location, location” is an overly used phrase. At County Appraisals Inc., we don’t believe that’s true. A house may be beautiful from the outside, structurally sound on the inside and have a meticulous yard—but if it’s sitting on a piece of land located next to a factory, that’s going to have a negative impact on its appraised value. We place a lot of emphasis on your potential home’s surroundings.
- The property’s acreage: Homebuyers place a lot of value on the size of the lot a house sits on. Some homebuyers want a lot of land, while some want less in order to cut down on the need for exterior maintenance. You can rest assured that our professionals will give you an accurate size of the land.
A real estate appraiser in Napa County, CA can still be a great professional to work with even after you’ve bought a home. While you’re living in the home, an appraiser can help you figure out how much you should be paying in insurance and estimate the amount you should be paying in taxes, among other things.
County Appraisals Inc. would love to work with you to accurately determine the value of your property. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation!
Categorised in: Real Estate Appraisals
This post was written by Writer