Getting into the wine business is an exciting adventure—especially for someone who is planning on purchasing a winery. But, while a winery is real estate, it does have some significant differences in regards to how the property operates. For example, before buying a residential home you have to inspect crucial features like the plumbing, electricity and foundation to make sure it is all usable and safe. But a winery comes with a variety of features specific to the wine production industry, including winemaking equipment and accessories, a proper facility for bottling wine and being situated in a convenient location.
Whether you are buying or selling a winery, you should want to make the effort to ensure an accurate and fair price for the property. This is why you need to hire the best individual in the industry to guide you. Here are five tips to help you choose the right service for winery appraisals in Napa County, CA:
- Get recommendations: Seasoned winery owners likely have friends in the industry, so picking their brains is a great starting point in your search for the best winery appraiser. Are you going to be a first-time winery owner? A good place to start looking for an appraiser is at wine country networking functions. Alternatively, go wine tasting in the region you want to buy in and ask winery and vineyard owners if there is a service they’d recommend.
- Talk to references: Before getting too deep into conversation with a winery appraiser, request a list of references you can contact now. Talking to previous clients of a winery appraisal company will give you a general idea of how a service conducts business and whether you should work with them or look elsewhere.
- Find out their appraisal experience: A well-rounded winery appraiser, like County Appraisals Inc., will likely have experience appraising a wide range of properties, including wineries, vineyards, real estate, rural properties and acreage. Also, find out how long they’ve been appraising wineries in the areas that interest you.
- Ask how they determine winery value: There are several top features every professional winery appraiser looks at when determining the value of a winery: the size of the facility, the equipment to be included in the sale and the location of the property. If they don’t seem focused on every aspect of a winery, you may want to keep looking for an appraiser.
- Consider their passion: It’s crucial that a winery appraiser be passionate about what they do. Someone who really cares will not only talk a lot about wineries and vineyards, but will also be extremely thorough in every step of the appraisals they conduct.
Although you have your pick of appraisers to assess and put a value on your winery property, it’s important that you carefully consider the right company for the job. With a little legwork, you can rest easier knowing that your winery is in good hands, or if you’re in the market to buy a winery, know you are getting a fair assessment.
County Appraisals Inc. offers exemplary, specialized services for winery appraisals in Napa County, CA and all throughout the state of California. Contact us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Winery Appraisals
This post was written by Writer