Like many folks, you may enjoy sipping a glass of wine after a long workday. There’s no denying that wine relaxes the body, but did you know that drinking wine in moderation has some health benefits, too? (Note that the overconsumption of wine will quickly turn any heath benefits in health risks.) The American Heart Association defines a glass of wine as a single four-ounce pour, and recommends a daily consumption amount of one glass for women and one to two for men.
One reason for wine’s health benefits is the presence of the antioxidant resveratrol, which is found in the skin of grapes. Red wine uses the grape skins in the winemaking process, so there is more of this antioxidant in red wine than in white wine.
Let’s learn more from expert vineyard appraisers in Napa County, CA about the health benefits of drinking wine:
- Prevent heart disease: Heart disease takes the lives of numerous women and men every year. What would you say if we told you that red wine may increase heart health? The antioxidants found in wine can help you maintain a healthy heart and fight against heart disease. Because antioxidants enable your blood to flow more easily through your body, you are better protected from artery damage and blood clots.
- Encourage longevity: The fact that red wine may lower your risks of heart disease means it can reduce overall mortality. So, if you are looking for a simple way to extend your life, drink wine in moderation! Reach for red wine instead of white and you can live a longer, healthier and happier life.
- Reduce stress: People who drink wine in moderation tend to have less stressful lives than those who don’t drink wine. Some studies have found that when alcohol intake is moderate, depression and anxiety levels also go down.
- Anti-aging effects: Damaging free radicals have a part in the aging process and causing age-related diseases. Luckily, antioxidants like those found in wine have the ability to soak them up. The properties in red wine can make your skin glow and slow the development of wrinkles, crow’s feet, frown lines and other effects of aging on the skin. Additionally, wine can help reduce the effects of UV ray damage and strengthen aging bones.
- Maintain good eyesight: Antioxidants in wine may contribute to the prevention of eye muscle deterioration in some people. They help stop the growth of blood vessels, which can lead to failing eyesight or macular degeneration.
- Promotes strong mental health: Drinking red wine can reduce some individuals’ risks of having strokes and getting Alzheimer’s or dementia. Wine antioxidants reduce the stickiness of blood platelets, which helps keep the blood vessels open and flexible. This sends a good blood supply to the brain, and in turn reduces the risk of falling victim to mental impairment.
If you love wine and want to invest in a vineyard property, then call the team at County Appraisals Inc. We have the most dedicated and highly professional vineyard appraisers in Napa County, CA—reach out to us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Vineyard Appraisals
This post was written by Writer