If you’ve owned your house for some time, chances are it’s built up a lot of wear and tear over the years. As you start preparing your house for a sale, the wear and tear you might have grown accustomed to will suddenly become significantly more noticeable. For this reason, it’s a good idea for you to take the time to fix up your property before you put it on the market.
So, what are some of the most simple and important things you can repair before you sell your house? Here is some information about the steps you should take, from an estate appraiser in Napa County, CA:
- Painting: Painting is one of the simplest steps you can take to rehab your property while also making a tremendous difference in aesthetic appeal and value. You don’t even need to hire a professional to come in and do it! Generally, when you’re selling your property, you should pick lighter neutral colors, because they have the broadest appeal. You don’t necessarily have to worry about repainting every room in your house, but if there are rooms that could definitely use a refresher, put on a fresh coat of paint and you’ll be amazed at how much of a difference it can make. In addition, remove any wallpaper you have in your home—wallpaper is dated and people hate having to strip it from the walls themselves.
- Kitchen: These days, open and spacious kitchens with large islands are all the rage. If you do not have a kitchen that can provide such a layout, it might not necessarily be realistic for you to make the upgrade before the sale because of how expensive it would be to do so. You can, however, make some minor upgrades and repairs that will make your kitchen still look inviting and usable even to people who have some lofty expectations. This could mean installing new fixtures and countertops, painting or installing new cabinets, changing the lighting to make it more modern, etc.
- Exterior: The exterior of your home is what makes the first impression on potential buyers, so it’s important to make it look its best. Make sure your fence and yard are both in good condition and that you’ve got some flowers to add personality and color. There are some low-cost exterior home improvements you can perform as well that can help you improve your home’s curb appeal.
- Bathrooms: Your bathrooms should be clean and functional, and you should make any repairs necessary to your plumbing. Clean up the tiles and grout, and put in a new coat of paint to make the room look even cleaner and brighter.
- Flooring: If you have hardwood floors in your home, refinishing them can make a significant difference in your home value. Many buyers want hardwood floors in their home, so it’s important to have them looking their best.
For more information about the steps you can take to repair your estate before selling, contact an estate appraiser in Napa County, CA at County Appraisals Inc.
Categorised in: Estate Appraiser
This post was written by Writer